POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Jitter in wood textures : Re: Jitter in wood textures Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:29:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jitter in wood textures
From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 21 Sep 2003 07:02:24
Message: <o91rmvg2bk6sjr3pbus3hmqsra8l96tn95@4ax.com>
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:26:10 +0200, "KalleK" <kal### [at] gmxde> wrote:

>Have you only turned jitter off:
>Jitter=off
>or have you turned down the jitteramount, too:
>Jitter_Amount=0.0
>I'm not sure, but in former versions of POVRay (pre-3.5) turning off jitter
>was not enough. At least that's what I experienced. Maybe this strange
>behaviour is still alive...

Yes, I have Jitter=off and Jitter_Amount=0.0 I always use those settings in
animations. I think it is the turbulence in woods that show up. Especially on
the end grain. Warps suggestion about scaling is probably the best advice. I
changed the wood in my model and got better results. I will post the animation
in p.b.a

Regards
        Stephen